Project duration: September 2019 – August 2021
Project aim – to strengthen the response of local communities to gender based violence and to ensure an effective prevention system is in place.
1) Contextualized and tailored algorithm to adhere the needs and capacities of professionals of different sectors on local level developed;
2) Built capacities and improved knowledge of school communities (teachers, school administration and students);
3) Raised awareness of school and local communities and society in general.
- Mapping the needs and capacities of different professionals in pilot municipalities to be active agents in multi-agency cooperation in the field of prevention of gender based violence (GBV);
- In cooperation with different professionals creating an algorithm for GBV intervention in three pilot municipalities;
- Capacity building for professionals on GBV and algorithm;
- Round table for different professionals to discuss the algorithm;
- Assess attitudes on gender stereotypes and GBV in local schools;
- Capacity building for teachers and administration staff for pilot schools about GBV;
- Building up a support system in school “Equality lab”;
- Preparation of learning package “School free of gender stereotypes”;
- Forum theater activities in schools;
- Capacity building activities for students in schools;
- Recommendations for the Ministry of Education;
- Survey on attitudes regarding GBV in local communities in three municipalities;
- Awareness raising campaigns for residents of municipalities;
- Informational campaign for professionals in pilot municipalities;
- Drafting, piloting and finalizing an awareness raising tool for pupils’ audiences for nation-wide use using an online educational platform “Inconvenient Film Class”.
- Organizing educational and information events of Inconvenient films.
- Organizing a national conference
Activities will be held in 3 pilot municipalities: city of Alytus, Jonava region and Ukmergė region. Best practice will be presented to other municipalities and decision makers.
Project partners: Office of the Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson, Lithuanian Centre for Human Rights and Nomoshiti.