Project duration: 2021 February – 2023 February
Project aim: ECaRoM focuses on overcoming gender stereotypes and strengthening caring masculinities in early age.
1. Research on the current status of gender sensitive education and caring masculinities in early education including interviews and focus groups with staff from Kindergartens, primary schools and experts.
2. Development of gender sensitive material focusing on caring masculinities and gender sensitive education and self-reflection.
3. Capacity building trainings for pedagogical staff working in early education and development of a digital self-learning platform.
4. Elaboration of a manual, which will integrate best-practice examples, results of the analysis, training course modules, tools & methods and also gender sensitive material in working with children.
5. Recommendations to strengthen caring masculinities in early education for pedagogical staff, parents, policy makers and the public.
6. National and transnational reports on the state of the art of gender sensitive early education with the focus on caring masculinities.
7. Awareness raising activities.
The project is implemented by the following institutions: Dissens Institut für Bildung und Forschung e.V. (Germany, Project coordinator), Verein für Männer- und Geschlechterthemen Steiermark (Austria), The Peace Institute (Slovenia), Instituto degli Innocenti (Italy), Center of Women’s Studies and Policies (Bulgaria), Center for Equality Advancement (Lithuania).
Associate partner in Lithuania – Office of the Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson.
Funded by the Rights, Equality and Citizenship (REC) Programme of the European Union.