Project goal: to provide complex and broad awareness raising and training on multiculturalism, tolerance and non-discrimination.
Project duration: October 1, 2007- November 31, 2008
Target group: civil servants, teachers of the schools and society in general
– CEA staff participated in the trainings on tolerance education, provided by the international experts. As a result, a manual We can change and a DVD, focusing on multiculturalism and non-discrimination was produced, including the broad materials on sustainable development, environmental changes, social-economic development and human rights.
– Cycle of trainings for 130 school teachers over the whole country was held where theoretical knowledge on tolerance, human rights and sustainable development were provided and the manual and DVD as a practical tool for teachers to work with their
students were distributed. The teachers commented that the seminars and felt they had provided good ideas and practical ways to employ a variety of techniques in their work and discussions with students.
– Seminars for civil servants were held where CEA staff provided the trainings on non-discrimination and equal treatment
– Diversity and human rights film festival „Ad hoc: Inconvenient Films” in Vilnius and Kaunas was organized by the partner organization, namely Lithuanian Human Rights Centre. CEA obtained several films in order to show them during the trainings
for the teachers and civil servants.
– Round table discussion with the education policy makers was organized to address the issues of current training content and gaps of teachers’ competences and inform about the manual for teachers as a tool to work on tolerance education with the students
Lithuanian Human Rights Center
Office of the Ombudsman for Equal Opportunities Project funding
European Community Programme for Employment and Social Solidarity – PROGRESS (2007 – 2013)
Ministry of Foreign affairs for the production of DVD on tolerance education under the national program on development cooperation