The project aims to promote a comprehensive solution for anti discrimination in the labour market issues , enabling representatives of vulnerable groups and formatting values of the decision-making groups.
The project has been implemented in 2012-2014. The structure of the project is based on the integrated approach which means that activity is oriented to the general public as well as the target groups, who works in the prevention of discrimination area (employers, trade unions, NGOs) . Activities , their formats , methodologies, were evaluated considering the characteristics of different groups (young people , older people , people with disabilities, the Roma community , and others ). Working with target groups it was applied innovative approaches that was based on opening the opportunities to acquire new knowledge , critical rethink the existing stereotypes and formatting positive moral values relating the issue.
The main activities of the project :
- the cycle of shows based on topics such as human rights, discrimination prevention and respect for diversity;
- strengthening the competences of NGO on discrimination prevention;
- strengthening the competences of trade union representatives on prevention of discrimination ;
- promoting the awareness of employers’ ;
- educational events of equal opportunities and non-discrimination issues;
- quiz „Identify and Overcome Inequality” organization ;
- meetings with representatives of various community organizations .
Partners: NGO ” Global Initiative on Psychiatry” and the Lithuanian Centre for Human Rights . The project is funded by the European Social Fund .