Project goal: to train women leaders of Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan to empower women leaders of the area, focus on long term complex goals and advance the civil and political participation of women as well as their knowledge and skills.
Project duration: September 2010 – January 2011
- CEA in cooperation with the International Gender Policy Network (IGPN) drafted the project „Women’s Leadership Training” and submitted to OxfamNovib foundation for funding
- Together with IGPN, CEA organized process for selection of the participants for the training.
- The staff of CEA prepared the program for two-days straining and conducted it in January 2011 in Istambul
- During the training the following themes were discussed: the importance of the concept of gender and the public/private division among gender issues; the importance of women participating in the political process; European Union standards on gender equality, medias affect on gender stereotyping; a five step system to overcome resistance to gender equality.
- CEA measured results and made final observations involving gender equality of the region
Project coordinator: International Gender Policy Network
Project funding: OxfamNovib foundation